In this article, we speak about a cosmetic procedure that adds volume and length to your natural eyelashes. Nowadays, you can find a wide variety of extended eyelashes: they can be made from several materials, such as silk or synthetic fibers, and come in various lengths, colors, and shapes.
The application process involves carefully placing individual lash extensions on the base of each natural lash using medical-grade adhesive designed specifically for use near the eye area. After completing the application, you can enjoy gorgeous long eyelashes without applying mascara or curling your lashes daily. Some lash technicians use single strands of lashes, while others apply clusters of multiple lashes for a more dramatic look.
How long does the result of this procedure last?
The result can last anywhere from 4-8 weeks, depending on the individual. The natural cycle of your eyelashes, lifestyle, and aftercare are some factors that can affect how long your extensions will last. Proper aftercare is essential to keep your extensions looking great and lasting longer. Generally, regular touch ups every 3 to 4 weeks may be necessary to maintain the desired look.
How to care about extended eyelashes?
To ensure your extended eyelashes last as long as possible, taking good care of them is important. In fact, taking care of your extended eyelashes is fairly easy. Here are some tips to help you:
- Brush through your lashes daily with a clean brush. It will help remove dirt and debris and distribute natural oils evenly across the lash line.
- Make sure to use a gentle eye cleanser to keep the area clean, removing bacteria and other particles that may cause irritation or inflammation.
- Avoid using oil-based products near the eyes as this can weaken adhesive bonds used in extension application and cause premature shedding of extensions.
- Be gentle while washing your face, especially when removing makeup around the eyes.
- Do not pull or tug at your extensions, which can cause damage and breakage.
Please consult a professional before beginning treatments if you have questions about caring for extended eyelashes properly.
Can extended eyelashes damage your lashes?
In general, yes. Extended eyelashes can damage your natural lashes. In addition, if the extensions are applied improperly or high-quality products and techniques are not used, your own lashes may be at risk of breakage, shedding, or infection. Therefore, it’s important to take extra care when getting eyelash extensions and make sure you go to an experienced technician who uses hygienic practices and quality products.
If any irritation, itching, redness, swelling, or other abnormal symptoms occur while wearing extended eyelashes, they should be removed immediately. You should consult a doctor for further medical advice.